Pack It In; Pack It Out
Blue Springs is a Zero Garbage site. All garbage, recycling and compostible materials must be carried out by those who bring it in. For more details, read this .pdf file.
What is Blue Springs
Blue Springs Scout Reserve is located at 14009 6th Line Nassagaweya, near Acton (Halton Hills), Ontario. Considered the "Hub of Ontario" Blue Springs is within easy driving distance to all that Southern Ontario has to offer.
The original land was acquired about 1937 and since that time has been used as a training centre for adult leaders as well as for youth (and adult) camping and activities. The facilities are available for rent by groups both within and without the scouting organization.
The camp has some 200 acres of natural hardwood and softwood forests, open fields, marshland, swamps and grasslands to explore. In addition, there are several buildings spread out over the camp that can be used as a training/convention centre as well as for group camping. Blue Springs is a four-season camp that has something of interest for all Scouting sections.
Blue Springs is the 1st Canadian SCENES (Scout Centres Of Excellence for Nature and the Environment) camp approved by the World Scouting Organization on June 1, 2005.
Where is Blue Springs
Directions to Blue Springs Printable version (.pdf)
Map to Blue Springs Printable version (.pdf)
Map of Blue Springs East
Map of Blue Springs West (Blue Heron)
(Both maps are printable and can be zoomed - .pdf)
The GPS Coordinates for Blue Springs are 43.613924,-80.086975.
Paul, the camp ranger, is in charge of the physical property as well as other duties.
- Paul’s Cell # is (905) 299-2070
- Paul’s e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
The camp phone number is (519) 853-2209.
Bookings of Camp Facilities
General booking is available on line at: http://www.cosccamps.ca/co/co_campingm.asp
- Non Event/ General Rate inquiry number is (416) 490-6364
- To report problems with the web site including updates or omissions:
Here are some Scouting links to explore. If you wuld like your site included, please e-mail the .
These links have been updated or checked in May, 2016. Several links were removed that were no longer functional. Should you encounter any errors or omissions, please contact the webmaster.
- Scouts Canada: http://www.scouts.ca
- Canadian Fellowship of Baden-Powell Guilds: http://www.canadianbadenpowellguilds.org
- Battlefields Council: http://scouting.niagara.com/battlefields
- Central Escarpment Council: http://www.cer.scouts.ca
- White Pine Council:http://www.whitepine.scouts.ca
- Tri-shores Council: http://www.trishores-scouts.on.ca
- Greater Toronto Council: http://greatertoronto.scouts.ca/
- Shining Waters Council: http://www.swc.scouts.ca
- Fruitbelt Area: http://www.fruitbelt.ca
- Burlington Area: http://burlington.scouter.ca/
- North Waterloo Area: http://northwaterloo.scouter.ca/
- Wellington Area: http://wellington.scouter.ca/
- Hamilton- Wentworth Area: http://www.hwscouting.ca
- Mississauga Area: http://mississauga.scouter.ca/
- Oakville Area: "http://oakville.scouter.ca/
- Yellow Briar Area: http://yellowbriar.scouter.ca/